The Canon PIXMA MG2260 is a day-to-day option for creating prints, copies as well as scans in the house. High resolution and also tiny ink dots ensure you create quality indeterminate images and records. Delight in both the creativity and benefit of using the selection of printing software program exclusive to PIXMA.
The Canon PIXMA MG2260 is designed for residence use as well as gives a standard print, check and replicate through USB connection. Canon has gone down most of the high-gloss black plastic, which is an alleviation for lots of, as well as instead, supplies a distinctive black case with simple lines and also efficiently curved upright sides.
To the left of the lightweight scanner cover, which goes on prolonging joints so you can conveniently scan books and also publications, is a deep, thin control panel, with a single, seven-segment LED screen.
The software application is a streamlined collection of the applications offered with the higher priced PIXMA MGs. There's no demand for any of the wireless support or Android app with the Canon PIXMA MG2260, but you still obtain My Image Garden, Creative Park Premium as well as Picture Display.
The mixed head, as well as ink cartridges, move right into their providers, when you've folded up down the inner cover. The colour cartridge is tri-colour, makings for very easy maintenance but can be wasteful of ink, if your color usage does not match Canon's assumption.
Canon Pixma MG2260 Printer Specifications
Print, Copy, Scan
What's in the box
All-In-One printer, 2 FINE cartridges, Power cord, Setup guide, Software and User’s manual CD
Up to 4800¹ x 1200 dpi
Inkjet FINE print head technology
4-colour system with min. 2pl ink droplet size
2 FINE Cartridges with ChromaLife100
Mono Document Print Speed
ESAT: Approx. 8.4 ipm
Colour Document Print Speed
ESAT: Approx. 4.8 ipm
Photo Print Speed
Borderless 10x15cm : Approx. 44 seconds
Yes (A4, Letter, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)
Two Sided Printing
Other Print Features
Fit-to-Page print, Scaled print, Multiple page per sheet print, Booklet print, Poster print, Collate
INK AND PAGE YIELD
Standard Ink Cartridges
2 FINE Cartridges
Optional Ink Cartridges
High yield XL Cartridges
Ink Tank Life - Document Printing
A4 Colour Document¹
Black: 180 pages
Black XL: 600 pages
Colour: 180 pages
Colour XL: 400 pages
Ink Tank Life - Photo Printing
Black: 2465* photos
Black XL: 7560* photos
Colour: 69 photos
Colour XL: 150 photos
* Estimated supplemental yield
Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101)
Maximum Paper Input
Front Tray: Max. 100 sheets
A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial #10), 10x15cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm
Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m
Photo paper up to approx. 300 g/m² (Canon special media)
Flatbed, CIS colour scanner
Scanner Resolution - Optical
Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi
A4 Scan Speed
Approx. 14 seconds
Colour Scanning Depth
Flatbed scan 48bit input / 24bit output (RGB each 16bit/8bit)
Flatbed scan 16bit input / 8bit output
TWAIN / WIA
Effective Scanning Width
Text Recognition - OCR
Yes (My Image Garden software)
Scan Methods & Enhancements
Scan to PC, Document Scan (PDF, Compact PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG), Photo Scan (JPEG, TIFF, PNG), Auto Scan Mode, PDF file creation with optional password security, Text recognition (OCR), Scan and Stitch, Scan to Cloud, Scan to e-mail
Copy Speed Colour Document
sFCOT: Approx. 30 seconds
sESAT: Approx. 2.5 ipm
1-9, 20 copies
Copy functions & enhancements
Document Copying, Photo Copying, Borderless Copying
Display Type & Size
7 Segment LED Display
Interface Type - PC / Mac
Hi-Speed USB (B Port)
MP Driver including Scanning Utility
My Image Garden
CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM access
Full HD Movie Print¹
Easy-WebPrint EX (download)²
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 8 (32 and 64bit)
Windows 7 (32 and 64bit)
Windows Vista (32 and 64bit)
Windows XP (32bit)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 - 10.8
Windows System Requirements
Windows 7: 1GHz or faster CPU, 1GB RAM (32bit) / 2GB RAM (64bit)
Windows Vista SP1 or SP2: 1GHz or faster CPU, 512MB RAM
Windows XP SP3: 300MHz or faster CPU, 128MB RAM
Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher
Display: 800 x 600 or better
Mac System Requirements
Mac OS X v10.7: Intel Core2Duo (or higher) CPU, 1GB RAM
Mac OS X v10.6: Intel CPU, 1GB RAM
Mac OS X v10.5.8: Intel CPU, 512MB RAM
Browser: Safari 3 or higher
Display: XGA 1024 x 768 or better
Approx. 5.3 kg
Dimensions (W x D x H)
449 x 304 x 152mm
Acoustic Noise Levels
Approx. 43.5 dB
10-90%RH (no dew condensation)
AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Standby: Approx. 0.6 W (scanning lamp off)
Off: Approx. 0.3 W
Copying: Approx. 11 W
Canon Pixma MG2260 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
The Driver and Software Installations for Canon Pixma MG2260If you are looking for the steps of installation the series of Canon Pixma MG2260, here we go.
How to install Canon Pixma MG2260 Driver with the Manual Instruction
Because you are going to use your printer, you need to do and follow the instruction of the installation correctly on your Windows operating system.
- After you finish with the downloading process of Canon Pixma MG2260, you can click and open the directory where you save the software of the driver. Commonly, the driver software will be end with the name .exe.
- Then, try to double click the driver file or try to right click on it and choose “run as administrator.” Wait for the several while the process of extraction of the driver files of Canon Pixma MG2260 is completed.
- Soon after the process of completed, you need to follow for the next instructions in the installation steps.
- The process of installation of the program for Canon Pixma MG2260 is just easy since you only follow the instructions shown in your computer screen and you will come to the finish process. Then, your Canon Pixma MG2260 is about ready to use.
How to uninstall Canon Pixma MG2260 Driver with the manual instructions
In order to uninstall the Canon Pixma MG2260 driver on your Windows operating system, you need to follow these instructions.
- First, try to click the “Start menu.” Second, select “control panel” or you can simply type “control panel” down on the search box.
- Then, you will see some icons and you click “programs” menu named “uninstall an application.” On the first list of the installed application, you need to search for “Canon Pixma MG2260 computer driver” that you are going to remove or you simply type the name in the search box.
- After that, you need to double click the icon of the Canon Pixma MG2260 driver and choose “uninstall/change.” In order to complete the process of uninstallation, you need to follow the following instructions given in the computer screen.
How to Install Canon Pixma MG2260 in Mac Operating System:
Steps for Canon Pixma MG2260 Installation Driver:
- After you have finished with the downloading process, the driver software will be stored in the certain folder. You can find it out in your computer settings.
- Then, double click the downloaded driver file and try to mount it on the Disk image.
- Double click the mounted disk image.
- Furthermore, try to double click the package of the driver file. The installation process will be begin automatically.
But you need to notice that the installation process can be different depends on the platform o the device that you use for the Canon Pixma MG2260. The process mentioned above is for Windows 7 and Mac. For the Windows XP and Windows 8, the process will be not really different.
Canon Pixma MG2260 Driver & Software Download